Friday, May 14, 2010

Dover Post-Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER -- No. 43 Richard Petty Hall of Fame Ford Fusion
Qualified 8th

"It is not bad. You can be in the top-10 here and be happy. We just got a little tight in three and four. I got through one and two really well and I was thinking that we had a chance. I tried to pick up the throttle in three and it got tight in the center. That was the difference right there."

GUYS HAVE BEEN SLIPPING A LOT; DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THAT? "Well, I saw a lot of guys sliding around out there, but I actually had good grip out there so I went after it. If it had stuck through three and four we would have been really good. I don't know if I would have gotten a pole, but it would have been darn close."

***

PAUL MENARD -- No. 98 Zecol/Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 23rd

"I wasn't too happy with my lap. A lot of people have slowed down and I was hoping we could run the same, if not better, than we did in practice. If we had then we would be in a lot better position. From where we unloaded to where we ended practice I am really happy with changes that were made. I don't that that run will give us a good spot, but it will be okay. We just have to adjust for Sunday."

DOES THE WAY YOU RAN IN PRACTICE GIVE YOU OPTIMISM FOR SUNDAY? "Yeah, we hit on a couple of things right at the end of practice. We didn't get to expand on them, but we will work on that tomorrow and hope to improve things for Sunday."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment