Sunday, September 5, 2010

Atlanta II Post-Qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 10th

"That felt pretty decent, but I just didn't quite turn soon enough to get pointed. The car actually felt pretty good, so I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to the race and I think we should have a good chance of running up front and racing with these guys. It should be a good race and I'm looking forward to it."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 16th

"I'm not very good here when it comes to qualifying. I find it funny that it's my best actual race track, but it's my worst qualifying track, so I don't know. Hopefully, that will put us 16th to 17th, which would be something like 10 spots higher than I've ever qualified here, so that would be a good thing. The car was really good in race trim, but if I go over the lap - and I always critique myself - but I hit everything I wanted to. I'll just have to go back and see if I needed to push a little harder or not, but, overall, it was solid with no mistakes. We'll hopefully have a good car tomorrow."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Quaker State/Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 19th

"We've got two pretty decent cars this weekend, but I just didn't hit turns three and four as well as I would have liked on that qualifying lap. I think we'll be pretty good in the race tomorrow, but for that one lap I just missed it a little bit."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment