Friday, May 6, 2011

Darlington Qualifying Quotes

MARCOS AMBROSE – No. 9 Stanley Ford Fusion
Qualified 6th
“I knew what I needed to do on that second lap, but I just wasn’t sure I was gonna be able to do it. I was basically wide-open through turns one and two and the car stuck. I’m just so proud of my Stanley team and everybody at Richard Petty Motorsports. Right now, we’re one and two on the grid. It might not stay that way, but it’s just a really good moment for us and something we can reflect on and be proud of.”

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 7th
“We were killing the splitter and it really just killed the first two runs and then the third run we were way off. The fourth run I have to say thank you to our teammate, Marcos Ambrose. We kind of took a little bit of their setup and at least got four or five laps in to give us a direction and then it rained. It’s been a tough day for the Best Buy Ford, but, just like always, I’ve got the best crew guys. They just keep working their butts off whether we’re struggling or not to try and make it better. I’m just proud of everybody at RPM and Ford for working hard. I’m not sure where that will end up, but it’s a lot better than 34th where we would have started. We’ll just keep working on it. This track has my number, so we’re just gonna keep fighting and have a solid day tomorrow.”
 
Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment