Monday, June 15, 2009

Michigan: Post-race Quotes

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Best Buy Dodge Charger)
Finished 12th
"I'm proud of my guys this weekend. That's the lightest car that we had all year with the most lead in it, and it showed today. You have to have light race cars to run good and we got that today. That's definitely our best run in a while. I had to pedal our Best Buy Dodge there at the end to make sure that we got the fuel mileage, but we were able to make it. I'm just proud of my guys. We've been kicked, beaten down the last month. We come back to a track that we know that we should run well at and did it. It felt really good."

***

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Finished 21st
"Our Budweiser Dodge felt good all day. We had such bad fuel mileage that we had to save so much (fuel), but we still ran out (of fuel). I couldn't save any more fuel than I did today and not practically stop and we still ran out. I'm disappointed. We're finished 21st and should have been top 10 for sure."

***

REED SORENSON (No. 43 Reynolds Wrap Dodge Charger)
Finished 27th
"We fought handling all day long. I thought we were going to get the Lucky Dog there, but there just weren't enough cautions. We're just a little off and if we can figure a few things out, we will be up there with the leaders. Today was OK but we expect better."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Stanley Dodge Charger)
Finished 39th
"That was a tough day for us. We made a ton of changes. I think something might have broken in the back (of the car) early in the race. It was just swaying back there. It's something we will have to look at on Monday at the shop. It's disappointing. As well as we ran last week and as well as we qualified, I had hoped we would run well today."


Credit: Dodge Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment