Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bristol II Preview

Richard Petty Motorsports driver AJ Allmendinger has scored the 17th most points of any driver in the last five NASCAR Sprint Cup races. He hopes that number improves Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway where the Hunt Brothers Dodge driver makes his fifth start on the half-mile highbanks in Tennessee. As part of Saturday’s pre-race ceremonies, the track will allow drivers to pick their own introduction songs.

Quotes:
BRISTOL—"Man, the Bristol night race is the coolest race of the year. The track asked me what song they wanted to play when they introduced me to the 150,000 fans there Saturday night. I thought about it all weekend at Michigan. I’m not going to announce it here. I’m afraid someone will mess with me and come up with some really uncool song. But I think I have the song I want. Bristol is like a rock concert so you can figure that my song isn’t going to be too laid back. Hey, this is the important stuff drivers think about when we aren’t thinking about shocks, springs and setups. Guess you will have to watch introductions to find out which one I pick or which songs gets put in there that I didn’t know about."

Notes:
*The Petty organization hasn’t had a DNF in 144 races—the longest stretch in Sprint Cup racing.

*Allmendinger is a weekly columnist at www.racer.com. For in-race twitter updates on Allmendinger and other Petty drivers go to @rpmotorsports.

*Allmendinger started 26th and finished 16th at Bristol in March. It was his fourth Bristol start. He owns 67 Sprint Cup races.

*The Petty team has over 2,000 twitter followers at @rpmotorsports & about 5,000 friends on Facebook at facebook/richardpettymotorsports

*Allmendinger will sign autographs at his merchandise hauler at 2:45 p.m. Saturday in Bristol.

*Allmendinger and Crew Chief Mike Shiplett worked together for 5 races in 2008 scoring the fifth most points in those races. Last week was their first race together in 2009.


Credit: Richard Petty Motorsports PR

No comments:

Post a Comment