Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This Says It All

This quote from Media Week says everything you need to know about why AJ Allmendinger is a driver to cheer for. Does it get any more honest or basic than this?

AJ Allmendinger: "I drive a race car 'cause it's what I love to do. It's not about being in front of the media or being on a poster or being on TV or going out there and having the fame when it comes to that. It's about the love of going out there and competing. Going home and knowing that I gave everything I had that day, everything I had in my life to go out there and be at my best, and that's why I do it. That's the attitude I carry. I have fun doing it. I'm excited to go do it, but at the same time you can see when I'm frustrated. You're going to see it on my face 'cause it's all about winning."

Everyone who is clamoring for more emotion in NASCAR should read that quote. AJ is the real deal. He's a genuinely nice guy who has a ton of personality and untapped depths of racing talent. It takes years for the light from a star in the night sky to reach Earth. Well AJ is a star, and soon everybody will see that like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment