Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Should AJ's Bristol Intro Song Be?

Bristol Motor Speedway is once again letting the drivers choose their introduction songs for the Food City 500 on March 21st. Some drivers will probably use the same one as last August, some will use their second choice, some will just throw a song out there, and a few are even letting their fans decide from some pre-approved selections. I asked my Twitter followers what song they would pick for AJ to be introduced to. Here are the responses:

The Hamster Dance
- Catchy tune. I've been humming it ever since it was suggested.

Stand by Rascal Flatts
- AJ's not much into country, but the lyrics speak volumes to what he has been through in NASCAR

Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen
- I'll leave it up to AJ to pass judgment on whether or not he thinks fat bottomed girls really do make the rockin world go round. I'm not going to make that call.

Movin' On Up theme song from The Jefferson's
- Certainly describes his climb in the points standings

Let's Go Girls by Shania Twain (Assuming this is actually Man! I Feel Like a Woman)
- This suggestion made me laugh

I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar
- Who doesn't love a little Sammy?

Runnin' With the Devil by Van Halen
- Guitar riff alone would be worth it

For Those About to Rock by AC/DC
- Classic by one of my personal all time favorite bands

and of course you know I got lots of votes for this song:

SexyBack by Justin Timberlake
- I wonder if AJ knew he was creating an anthem for himself when he made the claim back in 2006 that he was going to bring sexy back to NASCAR. I can't hear this song without picturing him doing a little dancing to it.


Now came the hard part. I tried to think of a song that I would want AJ to be introduced to. I'm a music lover of all kinds. Several of my favorites have good thumping beats or catchy choruses. I narrowed it down to In the End by Linkin Park, Move It by Dope, and Never Enough by FFDP. But then I thought of the chorus in this one particular song:

I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin
I will not bow, I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

It seemed appropriate, so that is my decision. Now we will have to wait and see what AJ's actual choice was for his introduction song. I can't wait for Bristol.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my choice: "Victory Road" by Jason & The Scorchers - straight outta my town Nashville TN.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPcI8LEl5zY

    ReplyDelete