Friday, April 16, 2010

Texas Post-Qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 5th

"We had a couple things that you just kind of learn over the years what the car is doing and I felt like the guys jumped on that stuff. What I fought there was hardly anything, it was actually really good and I just slid around a little bit. That was a pretty solid lap. We have a great team and it should be pretty fun on Sunday. It's a good track for us and I think we should run strong. We've qualified well. There are still some good cars to go, but it'll be a top 10 and it'll be a decent starting spot for Sunday."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 17th

"That was alright. We were just a little bit loose overall. This place is so sensitive, especially with the heat, that just trying to get the rear grip is tough. It's a fine line from being a little too loose and being just a little too tight. We would have liked to have been a little bit better. I thought we could be in the top 10, but were just too loose. I thought we had a decent car in race trim. It's gonna rain at some point here, so I don't know if we'll get any practice tomorrow. I think we'll be 18th or 19th, it'll be raceable and we'll go from there."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Quaker State/Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 25th

"The draw isn't helping us for sure, but we picked up two-tenths from practice. With the way everything stacks up, the field is so close for being such a big, fast track, everybody is right on top of each other, so a little bit goes a long ways. That's just kind of so-so right there, but we've got a good race car. We were really good in practice and I was happy with how it drove. We made some adjustments that improved things, so I'm looking forward to the race."


Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment