Saturday, March 5, 2011

Las Vegas Qualifying Quotes

MARCOS AMBROSE - Stanley Ford Fusion
Qualified 2nd
"It was a great lap. I am so proud of our Stanley team. They took a huge risk to put me on. I had a chance to make it in the sport or get kicked out pretty quick with the change I made for 2011. For Richard Petty to give me the chance like he has and for us to deliver in our third race with a good lap time is great. I am really excited about it. We are in the hunt for the pole and you can’t ask for much more than that."

Post-Qualifying Media Interview
MARCOS AMBROSE, driver of the No. 9 Stanley Ford Fusion
CONGRATULATION ON A SUPER QUALIFYING EFFORT AND ON STARTING OUT TOWARDS THE FRONT ON SUNDAY. "Thank you it was a great day for us. My Stanley team has been supporting me through a slow start, be had a crash at Daytona and we had a 16th place at Phoenix. Coming in here I really wanted to step up and with the help of Ford we have an all Ford front row. We got a great bunch in Roush that help us get these cars dialed in like we do. I am thrilled for Richard Petty and thrilled for me and thrilled for Stanley. I took a chance and I really stuck my neck out to see if I had what it took just nice to be up here talking to you and hopefully it will be the same on Sunday."

MARCOS, THAT BRIEF TIME YOU WERE ON THE POLE WHAT DID IT FEEL LIKE AND THEN CARL BUMPED INTO YOU WITH HIS CAR? "I am pretty stubborn, stupid and strong and so you can hit me at 30 mph and it doesn’t matter. It is just a great day for us. I have been second a few times now in my cup career in qualifying so I have been bumped out several times and it never feels any nicer. I am really pleased today. Matt [Kenseth] did a great lap and you can’t complain when someone beats you on speed. It isn’t like he lucked into it. He had the fastest car in practice and he delivered when it counted. No bad feelings today and I am just happy for Richard Petty Motorsports who went through a lot at the end of last year. To be strong this early with AJ [Allmendinger] running top three in points it is just a good feeling over there looking forward to hopefully keeping this run going.

DOES RPM GET ITS ENGINES FROM ROUSH YATES? "Yes, yes we do."

HOW DO YOU GET AROUND THE BUMPS IN ONE AND TWO? "I went up the race track and it worked well for me up there. I went there all day and that is where I will try to go in the race as well."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 7th
"The car has been really good so far. It's no secret that this isn't my best track. It felt really good in race trim but struggled a bit in practice because we were a little tight. We made the car a little better but we were still a tad tight there. You never know with this new qualifying format because all the fast guys are coming up behind you. Tar should put us on the edge of the top 15 which isn't too bad here. We should be able to see the front.

NOT BAD FOR A TRACK THAT HAS ALWAYS GIVEN YOU PROBLEMS. "You always want to be better but I think we have a good race car. I have gotten a lot more confident on this race track just in today. I knew we would come here with a lot better stuff than we have ever had. The car is fast. This motor is screaming. There are a lot of fast Fords to go. Hopefully Ford gets the pole."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment