Sunday, June 23, 2013

Road America Qualifying Results

AJ Allmendinger and the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang team qualified on pole for Saturday afternoon’s Johnsonville Sausage 200 at Road America.

Allmendinger finessed his Penske Ford around the 4.04-mile 14 Turn road course in 133.410 seconds at 109.233 miles per hour during the Saturday morning qualifying session. Sam Hornish Jr. will start from the eighth position in the No. 12 Snap-on Ford Mustang.

“I have to thank Roger Penske and all the people at Penske Racing,” said Allmendinger. “They have stuck with me and given me everything I need to go out there and do what I love to do. Our Discount Tire Ford was fast in practice yesterday, and I knew if I could put together a steady lap we would have a great shot at the pole and it worked out. We know what we need to do to finish up front, and that is what we plan on doing.”

Credit - Penske Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment