Thursday, May 28, 2009

About Me

There are two sides to every coin. I am a wife and mom, but also a daughter and sister. I am both an employee and a business owner. I have a math degree and two tattoos. I am an insurance agent who loves to drag race. I am also a huge NASCAR fan. I have a lot of drivers that I like, but my all time #1 guy is AJ Allmendinger, driver of the #44 Richard Petty Motorsports Dodge Charger.

I've been watching NASCAR intermittently since 2001, and my passion for it has grown exponentially each year. I am now a devotee who hasn't missed a race on television in almost two years. I have never been to a live race, but hope to someday in the near future.

I started following AJ shortly after he started his rookie year in Cup in 2007. His sense of humor and his positive attitude in his interviews drew my initial attention. Then I researched his history before coming to NASCAR and was impressed by his accomplishments. I think he is a very talented driver with the right mix of aggressiveness and patience. He is also intelligent and is now able to communicate what he needs in the car. Given the right equipment, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he has the ability to win a championship. Some people have laughed at me for saying that for the last two years, but when AJ hoists that Cup trophy over his head one day soon, I'm going to have the last laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment