Friday, November 20, 2009

Homestead Post-qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Ford. Drive one. Ford Fusion)
Qualified 13th

"I'm happy with it. Obviously the draw is gonna hurt us, so if we can stay somewhere right around the top 15, I think that'll be good. I'm just happy at Richard Petty Motorsports. We're making progress with this Ford and I'm real excited about this weekend and especially the next year. I think overall the little things that we've learned in the two races, and the stuff we'll learn here will be great for next year so we're pumped up about it and pumped up to be with Ford. We'll be ready to go."

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO DRIVE THIS CAR IN THE VINTAGE PETTY COLORS? "The tradition of it and just being able to drive for the King means so much to me. We've given it two good runs and hopefully we can end with one more great run here and have this paint job mean something to us at the end. It's an awesome car."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Best Buy Dodge Charger)
Qualified 21st

"I'm just proud of my guys because when we unloaded our Best Buy Dodge we were just a little bit off. We made a lot of good changes in our practice this morning. It was one of the most productive practices that we've had in a while and one of our best qualifying efforts that we've had in a few months. My guys gave me a good car and we want to work on it some more tomorrow to make it right for Sunday. We want to end the season on the best possible note so that we can to make the winter time go by as good as possible."

***

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Qualified 25th

"Our Budweiser Dodge felt pretty good, but the car got tight in (Turns) 1 and 2 and then when I got into (Turn) 4, the front end tightened up and kicked out the back end when I tried to get back in the gas."

***

REED SORENSON (No. 43 Siemens Dodge Charger)
Qualified 42nd

"We just got real loose between Turns 1 and 2 trying to pick up some time on the second lap (the right rear of the 43 brushed the wall). I was doing everything I could to put down a good lap so we could get a good starting spot on Sunday. I want to go out strong as a thank you to all the guys on the 43 team, but I guess I was just trying a little too hard."


Credit: Ford Racing & Dodge Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment