Monday, July 5, 2010

Daytona II Post-Race Quotes

KASEY KAHNE – No. 9 Budweiser Armed Forces Ford Fusion
Finished 2nd
“Every time I looked up there was a crash going on it seemed like the last 30 laps there. We had a great run going with our Budweiser Armed Forces Ford Fusion. It would have been nice to get it into Victory Lane. It was still a good run for our Armed Forces car and the team did a good job. It’s another top five. I want to thank all of the men and women out there fighting for this country on Fourth of July weekend. It’s a great weekend and we’re happy as can be that we get to race and we love all of them.”

***

PAUL MENARD – No. 98 Quaker State/Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 18th
“Tonight ended up being a pretty wild night. The fans definitely got a good show. I’m proud of Slugger and the guys. They worked continuously to get our Ford Fusion handling better. I think we could have had a good finish, but it’s always a matter of being in the right place at the right time in these restrictor plate races and tonight just wasn’t our night. The guys worked hard for this top-20 finish and it certainly could have been a lot worse.”

***

ELLIOTT SADLER – No. 19 Air Force Ford Fusion
Finished 22nd

“This was definitely a disappointing day for this No. 19 Air Force team. We had an amazing Ford Fusion there in the early stages of this race. I just hate how the night ended. We were able to run up front and then fight back from some earlier damage. My guys worked so hard all weekend long and I’m really proud of them.”

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 PVA Mission: ABLE Ford Fusion
Finished 36th

“Tonight was such a tough night. I want to thank my guys for sticking with it and never giving up. I want to run strong every week and just hate it for everyone involved that we didn’t have better results here tonight. The past six races we’ve been able to post top-15 finishes and I really wanted to give the PVA and everyone that supports our team and RPM another top finish tonight. We’ll put this behind us and get right back at it next week in Chicago.”

Credit - Richard Petty Motorsports PR

No comments:

Post a Comment