Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chicago Post-Race Quotes

KASEY KAHNE – No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Finished 6th

“It was a good team effort. We had good pit calls and good pit stops. We probably should have finished in fifth. It was a good effort. We got way too loose there at the center part of the race and it was tough to pass. The aero here is really difficult. All things considered I think it was a pretty good night. We probably could have finished a little higher, but I will take it.”

***

PAUL MENARD – No. 98 Moen/Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 10th
“It was solid. We were very close when we unloaded and did some little things all through practice that helped. We were able to run top-10 all night. It was pretty uneventful really, but we had a good Ford Fusion and I am really happy with that.”

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 Geek Squad Ford Fusion
Finished 14th

“The last couple of years I have been here you get loose the beginning of the race and then as the night goes on it gets looser. We were just way too tight the whole time. I hit the wall there and got way tight off turn two and that hurt us for a little bit. The guys did a great job to get it back to pretty much where it was. We just were fighting tight all night and struggling with that. I will take finishing 14th. One of my goals the last 18 races is to be in the top-15 every race. If we do that I think we will keep making up points. We are going to have days like this, but to get a 14th out if it is good. I am proud of the guys. We all deserve better and we will keep working at it.”

***

ELLIOTT SADLER – No. 19 Stanley/ACE/CMN Ford Fusion
Finished 21st
“It was a great weekend for this No. 19 Stanley Ford team. We battled the car being tight throughout the race but it was a good night. I feel like we’re continuing to move in the right direction. This was a special weekend with the Children’s Miracle Network guests we had with us. I would have loved to have put this No. 19 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford in Victory Lane for them but it wasn’t our night. My guys worked really hard. I’m really proud of our team.”

Credit - Richard Petty Motorsports PR

No comments:

Post a Comment