Friday, November 5, 2010

Texas II Qualifying Quotes

ELLIOTT SADLER, No. 19 Stanley Ford Fusion
Qualified 1st
“I don’t know if that is good enough for the pole or not. If they can run faster than that, then they can have it. That was a really good lap for us. I am proud of my guys. It means a lot for them to work as hard as they have been working the last couple weeks to get us in and get us good equipment. I really can’t thank my guys at RPM enough for working as hard as they have the last couple weeks to get us good cars to the race track. I could sit here and say it is me, or this or that, but Todd Parrott is the man. He can do so much as a crew chief. He is good for me from the mental side and we have been qualifying so much better here the last six weeks or so. We have a lot of folks here from Stanley this weekend, so that was a good start. That is a really fast lap for me. I got all I can get out of it.”

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER, No. 43 Valvoline Ford Fusion
Qualified 10th
“The car is better than the driver right now. I am really frustrated with myself. I can’t get the speed out of it that I want. I feel like the car is pretty decent but the driver is just not getting it right now. I am really struggling.”


***

PAUL MENARD, No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 12th
“The car has been driving really good. We picked up a little bit, but not enough. We will be disappointed with that I think. Three and four felt really good but we were late getting back to wide open off of two and that hurt us. We have a fast car and a good driving car though, so I am looking forward to the race.”

ARE YOU ENCOURAGED FOR SUNDAY? “Yeah, the car has been adjustable and we haven’t done any race runs yet, but it has been driving really well.”

***

ARIC ALMIROLA, No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 13th
“It was good. We picked up a lot of speed from where we were in practice, so that was good. We encountered a few other problems we weren’t anticipating but we fought a few things that slowed us down a little bit. All in all it was a good run for us. I am proud of Kenny and all the guys on this Budweiser team.”

ARE THE PROBLEMS CORRECTABLE BY SUNDAY? “Yeah, absolutely. They are things that are an easy fix really. It should be no problem. Hopefully we can take that, build upon it and we should have a good car for the race.”

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment