Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dinger Fan Story #10

I have been an avid NASCAR & Richard Petty fan since 1976. When Richard retired at the end of the 1992 season I quickly became a fan of the car & number. There have been numerous drivers but in my opinion no other has brought the same level of excitement to the 43 as AJ Allmendinger.
 
My son Kyle, my wife Jan & myself have been driving the 2400 miles to Michigan International Speedway for nine years. Every year we buy pit passes & every year we seem to get closer to the drivers & crews. This year we were treated to garage passes which enabled us to get "real" close to the action. While wandering in the garage area I was able to take over 800 pictures.Most were of the 43 on & off the track. We were introduced to AJ inside the 43 Best Buy hauler & had an opportunity to watch 1st practice on top of the trailer. The race was awesome. AJ started 29th, battled an ill handling race car all day & still managed to get out of there with a top 10 finish. An experience of a lifetime.
 
Michael P.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment