Thursday, July 23, 2009

Indianapolis Preview

Sorry - the content is a little dated. I guess I should have looked for this last week, but didn't think about it since I usually post it on the Thursday before the race.

****************

AJ Allmendinger isn't sitting home this weekend as he and his Richard Petty Motorsports teammates enjoy a rare off weekend before racing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
in the Allstate 400 on July 26. The 27-year-old plans a quick trip to Las Vegas before one of the Sprint Cup Series biggest races of the season. Allmendinger comes off a 13th-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway Saturday night. He finished 10th in the Allstate 400 last year.

OFF WEEKEND--"I'm headed to Las Vegas for the weekend. It will be fun just to get away from racing for a few days, clear my mind, then get back after it at Indianapolis. That's a huge race for us. We finished third in the Daytona 500 and would love to get a run like that at Indy. The purse at Indy pays a lot of bills and it's a race that can create a lot of momentum for the rest of the season."

INDIANAPOLIS--"I love this track. We ran really well here last year finishing tenth. I always figured I would race at Indy but I figured it would be in an open wheel car. There's a lot of us in Sprint Cup racing now who probably dreamed of racing at Indy before racing at Daytona. The place is just special. You win there and you've made your mark in racing no matter what you are driving. I couldn't be happier racing in NASCAR and to win in the greatest series in the world at one of the great tracks would be a dream come true. That would be the coolest thing in the world."

* Allmendinger led four laps and finished 10th at Indianapolis in 2008.

* Crew chief Sam Johns will run in a triathlon in Asheville, N.C. this weekend.

* Allmendinger will sign autographs at his merchandise hauler at 10:45 a.m. on Sunday at Indianapolis.


Credit: Richard Petty Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment