Monday, September 21, 2009

New Hampshire II Post-race Quotes

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Stanley Dodge Charger)
Finished 8th
"We made wholesale changes from last night that really helped our Stanley Dodge. This race was very gratifying for everyone on this team. It was a good run for us. We learned some things today that really helped our car. We found some things that I like to have in the racecar that we can build from here on out. Hopefully we can build on that for the final nine races."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Berlin Auto Dodge Charger)
Finished 25th
"Very disappointed. I thought we had a top-10 car, but the No. 47 just wrecked us. Our car was really good on long runs. Richard Petty Motorsports guys gave me a great car today. I'm upset right now with how it ended, but I'm seeing progress each week."

***

REED SORENSON (No. 43 McDonald's McCafe Dodge Charger)
Finished 36th
"We're pretty disappointed. We started off slow, but got going pretty good. We had to go to the back of the field to fix some overheating issues and then got caught up in someone else's stuff. We were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

***

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Finished 38th
"We lost an engine, I don't know why. I felt it start to run a little bit rough down the backstretch and it broke on the frontstretch. I thought that it was coming, the gauges all looked good, but I knew that it was coming.

"We had a good car. I think we were up to eighth or ninth. It seemed like our Budweiser Dodge was decent. We had some things to do to make it better."

HOW DISAPPOINTING IS THIS FOR YOU? "It's disappointing. It's better than last week because we wouldn't have been in the Chase. We just have to work extra hard now. I don't know how this all works. You never know in the Chase if you can have a mulligan or not. This team is doing a nice job. We'll be 12th when we leave here. Hopefully, we can make gains in those final nine (races)."


Credit: Dodge Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment