Monday, February 15, 2010

Daytona Post-race Quotes

PAUL MENARD -- No. 98 Peak/Menards Ford Fusion (Finished 13th)
"It was a solid day. When the sun was out we weren't as good as when it started to go down. The track got a little more grip and that's what our car needed. It was a long day and you think about a 500-mile race and it all comes down to two laps at the end. It was make or break at that point and it seems the guys running up front go to the back and the guys in the back go to the front. I just had a good restart and hooked up with the 17. He made a couple holes on the outside and I just followed him through and passed quite a few cars."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER -- No. 19 Stanley's Ford Fusion (Finished 24th)
“We had such a good Stanley Ford Fusion the first half of the race. We were so fast. After the first red flag, it seems the track conditions really changed and that affected the car. After last year’s disappointing end to the 500, I really wanted to come in here and win this thing. But at the end of the day I’m really proud of Wally (Rogers) and these guys that work on this No. 19 team. They’ve worked hard and it definitely showed. I’m upbeat and looking forward to heading to California.”

***

KASEY KAHNE -- No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion (Finished 30th)
"I hate it for the Budweiser team. We ran up front most of the day, but got shuffled back. It was all about getting in the right line out there today, and it just didn't work out at the end. It's just disappointing that our day ended with a wrecked car."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER -- No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion (Finished 32nd)
WHAT HAPPENED ON THE SPIN? "I'm not really sure. I was under Jeff and I'm not sure if it was that pothole there or not, and it doesn't really matter, but I just got a little tight. I didn't want to get up into Jeff, and I don't know if Kyle was right behind me, but I just lost it."


Credit – Ford Racing


More AJ Allmendinger Quotes
"I am not sure if I hit the pothole or what, but the front end planted and I got loose. I was trying to save it, but I was pinned up against the 24 and I didn't want to take us all out so I just spun it to the inside. Unfortunately, when I stopped I couldn't get it refired and get going again. They made me get out of the car and go to medical even though we hadn't hit anything. So that was very frustrating because we lost a lot of laps.

"The car was so fast today. We struggled a little bit when we were in the traffic, but we were able to move up to the front twice today. It was great to lead those laps, but I just wish we were there fighting at the finish for a better spot. You hate to not make the most of the chance when you have a car as fast as the Best Buy Ford was today. We'll just have to make up for it at California next week."


Credit – www.ajallmendinger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment