Friday, February 19, 2010

Fontana Qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE -- No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 4th
"We got a cloud and had a really good Budweiser Ford. We had been off in practice and tried a lot of things, but Kenny and the guys took a nice shot at it right there. I came to the green and felt like I got through three and four really good, so I overdrove one because I felt good. I drove too hard into turn one and gave a little bit away there just getting back to the throttle and didn't probably get down the backstretch as good as I need to to beat Clint, but it was still a good run. We came from a long ways back, but still have a pretty decent shot at it for Sunday."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER -- No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 29th
"On race runs we were pretty good in practice, and I thought we were decent in qualifying trim, but I was just too tight there. I think the car is pretty good in race trim and I think we have to keep trying to free it up a little bit and get the car turning better. The rear is in the race track a lot, but we'll go fight another day tomorrow."


Credit: Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment