Monday, February 22, 2010

Fontana Post-race Quotes

PAUL MENARD -- No. 98 Energizer/Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 18th

“We just kept chipping away at it, really. We couldn’t seem to get going on restarts and that hurt us in the end. We were really good on long runs and just kept working on it. Our Menards Ford Fusion bounced between tight and loose and the car was close enough where we could take little changes and go either way, so it was really finicky, but we had really good speed on old tires.”

ELLIOTT SADLER -- No. 19 Stanley Ford Fusion
Finished 24th

“We thought we had the No. 19 Stanley Ford Fusion right where it needed to be after final practice but as the race got underway, it wasn’t exactly where we would have liked. The crew kept digging at it and I’m proud of how hard they worked. It wasn’t the day we were hoping for though. I know this team will be back in the shop bright and early tomorrow morning and we’ll show back up in Las Vegas next weekend ready to go.”

AJ ALLMENDINGER -- No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 25th
“We struggled a bit this weekend, but I’m proud of my Best Buy crew for working so hard during the race. The Best Buy Ford Fusion started the day off really loose and I know the guys made a ton of changes to the car, which eventually helped it. The track conditions seemed to change a bit during the course of the event and during the mid-stages of the race, we were actually pretty good. We got behind the eight ball when we stayed out just a little too long waiting out the rain and we were never able to make up that lap. Nonetheless, the guys never gave up and I’m proud of them. I think we’ve got a good baseline now and we should be a little better right off the truck next week in Las Vegas.”

KASEY KAHNE -- No. 9 Budweiser/Team USA Ford Fusion
Finished 34th

“I just didn’t catch it. I got loose and I didn’t catch it. I did a bad job, but we had a pretty good car. You never really know where we would have finished because everybody was going back and forth in the top 10, so I think we had a great shot at running up front and I just made a mistake. Now we’re in a big hole, but I think we still have a pretty good opportunity to get back to where we need to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment