Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dover II Post-Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 2nd
"It's tough here because the lap times at this place are so close. You just watch everybody go and some guys would speed up, but a lot of guys were slowing down. You just never know, but I'm just proud of everybody at Richard Petty Motorsports and the Roush Yates engine shop. We've got great horsepower and everybody has just been doing a great job over the last month. It's been a pleasure to feel like we're building again and getting better. It's a great effort from everybody and I'm just proud."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 10th
"That was a nice pickup from practice. I butchered turn one a little bit and I thought I hurt the lap quite a bit. There was more there, for sure, but it was a nice pickup. We made a few changes and kind of guessed at a few things that worked out pretty good. We were decent in race trim earlier. We just did a couple of runs and we've got all day tomorrow to improve, as does everybody else, but I think we have a good car."

***

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 17th
"I think we went a little too far. We just got a little bit loose, but the car actually drove really good and did everything I wanted it to. I just wasn't able to give it enough gas all the time. We have a lot of time to work on the car tomorrow and keep getting it better, but I think it'll be strong on Sunday."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment