Friday, September 17, 2010

Loudon II Post-Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 6th
"I am mad at myself for that. I don't know if the sun hurt us a little bit or what, but I got in the middle of three and four and got a little bit tight. The times are so close. I probably lost a chance at pole right there. I guess if I am fifth and mad about it then things aren't that bad."

YOU WERE PRETTY QUICK IN RACE TRIM, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SUNDAY? "The car is really good. I really thought we had a chance at pole there. I think the weather hurt us just a touch. If I had just hooked the line a little better in three and four we would have had a good shot at it. The car is really good which is what I am frustrated about. I think we had a chance to be really good there and be on pole. We have had two really good solid weeks in a row on flat tracks and I think we are even better in race trim, so we will go from there."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 8th
"It was good. We picked up from practice and I think the track is hotter right now. We will see how it holds up. We helped the front end turn a little bit between practice and qualifying. We gave up too much off of turn four. Overall I'm pretty happy with it."

***

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 21st
"It wasn't very good. After I took the checkered it felt really loose in one and two. The front tires wouldn't come in on either lap so I was waiting on that. I tried to scrub them in on the straightaways but I needed one more lap I guess."

DO YOU THINK GOING FIRST WAS A DISADVANTAGE? "Well we struggled with those same things in practice. I feel like we have a good Budweiser Ford for race day."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment