Friday, October 15, 2010

Charlotte II Post-Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 WIX Filters Ford Fusion
Qualified 3rd
"The 43 team has been fast unloading the last few weeks and in qualifying the last couple of weeks we just kind of lost it a little bit. I'm not very good around here, so when I threw that lap down, it felt good but there was so much grip on the race track you didn't really know how good the car was, but Mike Shiplett and all the guys on the 43 team pumped me up. Mike is fun to work with. He's always pumping me up, even when I'm a little nervous about qualifying or struggling after practice. He's just a great guy to work for and have as a crew chief, so I'm happy we've got Wix Filters. We've got a sweet little paint job on the car this weekend, it's their first time as a primary, so we've got them up front and hope we have a great Saturday night."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 5th
"It was a good lap. I was hoping for more and an early draw might hurt us here. I'm not sure how much more it's gonna cool off, but it'll probably get some more grip. It was a good lap, though."

HAVE YOU EVER GONE THIS FAST BEFORE AT CHARLOTTE? "It's pretty close if it's not. I remember some guys running in the 27's here a year or two ago. I'm not sure if I was one of those guys, but it was pretty fast."

HOW WAS THE LAP? "Charlotte is one of the most temperature sensitive tracks we go to and obviously we practiced and it was sunny out and a little bit slicker. The sun went down and it's dark, so the track has a lot more grip. I was hoping I'd go a little bit faster. The car felt really good and it felt like I could maybe have gotten a little bit more, but we'll just have to see how it holds up. I didn't hold back anything, but I messed up because I didn't run a perfect lap. I ran a 95 percent lap. I could have gotten just a little bit more here and there if I would have hit my marks just right, but there is more speed out there and somebody is probably gonna get it."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER - No. 19 Stanley Ford Fusion
Qualified 9th
"I'm glad to be back at Charlotte. We've got a brand new race car these guys have brought for me this weekend. I'm very happy with it in race trim. I don't know where that's gonna stack up because there is plenty of grip tonight in the race track. I don't know about my track record. I don't know if it's gonna last through the night or not, but I'm proud of my guys. It was a great night and I'm very happy with it. We'll go and get the most of it on Saturday night."

HOW IS IT TO PRACTICE IN THE DAY AND RACE AT NIGHT? "That's when you have to have a good crew chief, and I think I've got the best one in the garage in Todd Parrott. We've had a lot of success together. We qualified second last week and that's the best we've qualified in a long time. We feel like we have a really good car for this weekend. It's his job to make all the adjustments and my job to try to hold it to the mat, so he did his job very, very well for tonight. I was very, very pleased with the car. We'll see how it ends up."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment