Saturday, October 30, 2010

Talladega II Qualifying Quotes

ELLIOTT SADLER - No. 19 Hunt Brother's Ford Fusion
Qualified 33rd
"That was a normal Talladega lap, you just hold it straight and hold the gas down, and where you qualify is where you qualify. We'll go get 'em tomorrow. We're definitely gonna race, at least at the beginning and see what happens, see what kind of position we're in or how wild it is, but it's gonna be a pretty wild race tomorrow with the two-car tandems we've figured out and all the bump drafting. It should be a really good race for everyone tomorrow to watch."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 36th

"It's funny. It really doesn't matter that much where you end up in the qualifying order. It's one of those things where you're just out there kind of riding along trying to not move your hands very much, just out for a Sunday drive. It wasn't a big deal. We'll start where we start and go from there."

HOW WAS THE LAP OVERALL? "I fell asleep at one point down the back straightaway. I took a nap, but woke up for three, luckily, just in time to make the corner. Other than that, there's some nice scenery down the back straight. There seems like a nice party still going on from last night, so that was pretty good. I was pretty excited about that. I think I know where to hang out tonight, but, other than that, that was about it (laughing)."

HOW CHALLENGING IS IT RIGHT NOW? "Ultimately, you can only control what you can control. I can control racing the car right now. I wish I had answers. I wish I could tell my team guys it's gonna be okay. I wish I could have answers that everybody wants, but I don't. Robbie Loomis is the guy to talk to about those answers. For me, all we can do is just like last week, we go to the race track and come with the guys, have fun, put our heads down and try to win a race. It's not easy. I'm not sitting at home just thinking everything is peachy. I'm a guy that stresses a lot about everything, so, in the end, we're here racing the car. Hopefully, next weekend we're at Texas racing the car, but we're here, we're having fun and it's the same goal - go out there and win."

***

ARIC ALMIROLA - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 37th
"That was good. It was good yesterday in race practice, so that's what I'm more worried about. I'm just gonna go race. I know there's a lot of people on a lot of different agendas, but the beauty of the situation that I feel like I'm put in is I have absolutely no pressure. I've got a great opportunity next year to go drive Dale Jr's. Nationwide car, so I'm not auditioning for a job or anything like that, so I can just go race. It's kind of fun for me, actually."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 38th
"Qualifying here is never eventful, but the race makes up for it. We lost a little bit of time from yesterday. It's a lot less windy today, but we knew we weren't gonna start on the pole. Hopefully, we can stay out of trouble because we've got a really fast race car. We'll try to stay out of trouble for the first 450 miles and race them the last 50."

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR TOMORROW? "We'll see where we end up in qualifying, but we tried a lot of things yesterday. Our Fusion sucks up really well. It can push the car in front and there's no problem with handling. I can put it where I want to, it's just a matter of being in the right line at the right time."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment