Monday, October 4, 2010

Kansas Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia HDTV Ford Fusion
Finished 10th
“I’m really proud of the way this No. 43 Insignia HDTV team comes together. We took a 30th starting position and came out with a top-10 finish. This Richard Petty Motorsports team didn’t give up and I’m really proud
of that. We need to keep at it and make sure we build more consistency, but I’ll take another top-10.”

***

PAUL MENARD- No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 8th
"Track position is important and the further back you got today, the worse your car handled. Clean air was very important. We got out front and were able to set sail. After a little bit, four tires showed up and the 16 passed us. I am kind of disappointed with fourth because we had a little bit of a slow pit stop the last pit stop. I am proud of the guys though because this was a fast car all weekend."

***

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Finished 37th
WHAT HAPPENED OUT THERE? "The car doesn't look too good. I was bouncing pretty bad throughout the whole race and through practice yesterday really. We never got it fixed. I just got all mixed up. It wasn't too bad when it first went green because I was out in the open. The longer it went, Jeff got by us. I knew from the time it went green that we were in trouble because of the bouncing. I couldn't hardly control it and still run competitive speeds. Something was bound to happen. I actually got loose in and then tight and then loose and spun out and hit the wall. I should have just slowed way down and I didn't. I just tried to get some more on that restart there and it didn't work out."

Credit - Ford Racing & Richard Petty Motorsports PR

No comments:

Post a Comment