Sunday, April 3, 2011

Martinsville Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 14th
“My guys did a great job all day with the car. The good thing is we were so loose to start the race on that first run. I thought we were in trouble and they fixed it to where we were a top five or top seven car all day. At times, I thought we could win, but this sport just kind of kicks you in the gut every now and then. I don’t know. If we would have stayed out one more lap and then the yellow comes out, we probably finish fifth or sixth. I’m disappointed with the finish. I hate saying it and having to look at how we ran and take good knowledge that we were there, but it was an OK day.”

ARE YOU ENCOURAGED OR DISCOURAGED BY TODAY? “You look at the finish and, unfortunately, that’s what pays the points and pays the money and you walk away discouraged. In our heart, we know we were really bad to start the race and we were able to fix it and make it good, so we can do it. I ran with some of the best ever here at Martinsville between Denny, Jimmie and Jeff. I was there, so at least I’ll have confidence with that. We just need some good luck.”

***

MARCOS AMBROSE – No. 9 DeWalt Ford Fusion
Finished 29th
“I was a victim. I don’t know what McDowell was thinking. I got stuck on the outside and lost 20 positions just trying to get to the bottom and he just jacked me up and put me in the fence around lap 100. We weren’t even a fifth of the way through and it was uncalled for and unfortunate for us. It made for a very long day.”

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment