Monday, May 30, 2011

Charlotte Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 U.S. Air Force Ford Fusion
Finished 5th
“Our fuel mileage wasn’t that good, so that whole last run we were saving. It was funny because the fuel numbers kept changing because we were 10 laps short, then we were two laps short, and then we were gonna run out coming to the checkered. At that point, I was happy when it stayed green and made it on fuel, and then on that last restart we came in and were just hanging out that point. You just hope you don’t get into guys that run out of fuel. I had a great restart and split the middle. The 31 just completely ran out and the 99 got into him. I checked up and it was pretty insane.”

WHAT WAS THAT LIKE? “You were just hoping two or three more laps would be run at that point, but a top five is way better than we’ve been on a mile-and-a-half all year. The U.S Air Force Ford was quick all day. Track position was so key. We showed once we got up there and ran second or third that nobody could run with us, except the 9 and the 99, so we’ll take it.”
***

MARCOS AMBROSE – No. 9 DeWalt Ford Fusion
Finished 6th
“I’m just really proud of my DeWalt team tonight. We had a really fast car. We really ran at the front and led some laps, so it was an awesome experience to be a part of, but it just didn’t go our way. We had a loose wheel and got off sequence, but we fought and fought and got ourselves back up into a good top-10 finish.”

WAS IT A LONG NIGHT? “It was a long night. That’s the longest race I’ve ever been a part of, I can tell you that, without switching drivers around. It’s just a big thrill to finish one. This is my third try and I hadn’t finished one, so I’m proud of my team and proud of our record.”

A GOOD NIGHT FOR RPM? “Awesome. AJ and I are getting on great. We’re racing well together. It’s our best finish as a team this year and I think it’s a sign of things to come.”

Credit - Ford Racing

1 comment:

  1. Good Night Quotes Love... My first crush was Hayley Mills when I was a little kid in England. I used to kiss her picture goodnight.

    ReplyDelete