Friday, October 16, 2009

Charlotte II Post-qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Qualified 3rd

"It was a really good lap for our Budweiser Dodge. We ran right about where we were in practice earlier today. I think that I gave up a little on entry in Turn 3 and that's probably where I lost time to Jimmie (Johnson). There's a lot of grip out there. It's really fast. It's really good right now. It was a good qualifying lap for us. I wish that I had another lap."

HOW MUCH WAS IT A BENEFIT FOR THE PRACTICE TODAY TO BE AT THE SAME TIME AS THE RACE ON SATURDAY? "It's qualifying practice today. I'm actually happy that NASCAR went ahead and found time to get practice in and qualifying because I think that qualifying here is a lot of fun and it's a big part of the weekend. I'm glad (NASCAR) went ahead and stayed a little late because we got qualifying in and that's good."

ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH HOW FAST THE SPEEDS ARE HERE THIS WEEKEND? "Yeah, I think that the track had a lot of grip tonight. When (the track) has grip...both ends of the car...front and rear...the car is in the track. The car drove really good and that's Kenny Francis and our whole Richard Petty Motorsports team who did a nice job getting our car balanced and keep working on the car to get it to go around the track like that. Our engine program is getting better. We have one of the better engines that we've had all year tonight and it shows. I think everything is getting better and when you have a track like this with a lot of grip it's going to go fast."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Best Buy Dodge Charger)
Qualified 26th

"That's right about where our Best Buy Dodge was in practice. We've got a lot of practice time tomorrow to get our car better for Saturday night's race."

***

REED SORENSON (No. 43 Super 8 Dodge Charger)
Qualified 37th
"That wasn’t really what we had in mind for our Super 8 Dodge, but we still have all day on Friday to get it right before the race comes on Saturday night. I think we have something that we can work with and we’ll get better. We have a good car and we’ll get it back to where it needs to be by race time."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Stanley/Susan G. Koman Dodge Charger)
Qualified 38th

"We were just a little tighter than we wanted to be. We have some ground to make up, but I'm confident that we can do it in the race. This is such a special race for me and my team because we're running the Stanley/Susan G. Komen for the Cure Dodge in honor of Stage Four breast cancer survivor Brandy Hickman. Plus, with everything that my Mom has gone through in her battle with breast cancer over the last couple years it just makes this race really special. We'll go out on Saturday night and give it all we've got to bring home a top finish."


Credit: Dodge Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment