Monday, October 19, 2009

Charlotte II Post-race Quotes

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Finished 3rd
"We had a great Budweiser Dodge throughout the race. The tires we took on the last stop shook and didn't turn. I guess that was our bad set for the night. It's disappointing. We had the car to beat and the guy who beats everybody beat us tonight. Our car was as good as anything here. We just didn't get it done at the end.

YOU HAD SOME TIRE ISSUES THERE AT THE END, BUT YOU FINISHED THIRD AND MOVED UP TWO SPOTS FROM 11TH TO NINTH IN THE POINTS. HOW GOOD WAS YOUR CAR? "We had a really good Budweiser Dodge. We were up there. Matt (Kenseth) was up there and a couple other guys that seem to be there all night. Jimmie (Johnson) was one of them. We weren't good enough that final run. We were the best car at times, but the final run when it counted, we weren't. Jimmie showed up and beat us all.

RESTARTS APPEARED DIFFICULT FOR YOU. CAN YOU CLARIFY WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE? "I always have a problem when I start off the front row this whole year with restarts. I just spin my tires. I try not to give it throttle and don't spin my tires and I get pushed from behind.

CAN YOU OFFER ANY HOPE TO THE FANS OUT THERE THAT THIS THING IS NOT OVER YET? "I don't think either of us can stop him at this point as far as points go. It's definitely not over. Anything can happen the rest of the year. If it doesn't, Jimmie is the guy to beat."

***

REED SORENSON (No. 43 Super 8 Dodge Charger)
Finished 21st
"Our Super 8 Dodge would go from loose to tight in a blink of the eye. Just real extreme changes for no reason. I think we might have had something break in the car because it would change so fast."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Best Buy Dodge Charger)
Finished 23rd
"That was a tough race. We were a lot better on long runs than we were on short runs. We have to find a way to get more grip. We had our moments when the Best Buy Dodge was really good and then started to struggle."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Stanley/Susan G. Koman Dodge Charger)
Finished 26th
"Man, I just wish we could've had a caution earlier in the race. I think we were in position for a lucky dog for almost 100 laps until the last green flag round of pit stops put us another lap down. Our Stanley/Susan G. Komen for the Cure Dodge was pretty good once we got going, but we struggled a little bit at the start of each race run. I wish we could have finished a little better for our "Lady in Pink" Brandy Hickman and also for my Mom--both of our breast cancer survivors with us tonight."


Credit: Dodge Motorsports

No comments:

Post a Comment