Monday, October 26, 2009

Martinsville II Post-qualifying Quotes

REED SORENSON (No. 43 McDonald's Dodge Charger)
Qualified 9th
"A good lap for our McDonald's Dodge. This is a tough place to qualify. Your tire pressures are high, brakes are hot, and it's not easy. It seems like when you qualify here, you either over-drive or under-drive the car. You have to hit your line just right and try to roll it faster through the corner. We had a good car in qualifying. It felt good in race trim this morning. We made a few changes after practice .and the car liked them."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Coleman Natural Foods Dodge Charger)
Qualified 16th
"The car was decent. I think that the car was better than the driver on that lap. I don't know what I was so nervous about qualifying. I remembered that I haven't been back here for qualifying for two years because it was rained out the last few times. I should have gotten a little bit more out of the car. We'll be OK. I think we're pretty good in race trim. If we don't practice tomorrow because of rain, I think that we'll have a good place to start the race on Sunday."

***

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Qualified 26th
"I think that I drove our Budweiser Dodge a little too hard into Turn 1 and maybe too easy in Turn 3. The car actually felt pretty good. I just messed up on my marks a little bit. It didn't run as fast as it should have, but I still think that our car is pretty fast.
"The times are so close that the smallest hiccup will cost you a bunch of time. Everyone is on the same playing field; you have to be really consistent in every lap."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Best Buy Dodge Charger)
Starting 40th
“We’re in a tough spot for sure. Martinsville is the smallest track in the (Sprint Cup) Series so it’s easy to fall behind fast if the race starts on a long green flag run. We made a calculated risk based on an iffy weather forecast for tomorrow to work on our race setup for the Best Buy Dodge instead of our qualifying setup. Hopefully we made the right call because we have to make up a lot of ground.”

No comments:

Post a Comment