Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fontana II Post-race Quotes

REED SORENSON (No. 43 Rosie’s Organic Chicken Dodge Charger)
Finished 31st
“That’s just a real frustrating day. We were racing in the top-15, had a shot at maybe even a top-10 and we just got caught up in that big mess. I hate that for my guys. Everyone really worked hard today and we were in position to have a good day—it just didn’t turn out that way. We’ll keep our heads up and try to do better in Charlotte.”

***

ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Stanley Dodge Charger)
Finished 32nd
“That wasn’t the way we were hoping for that race to end. We were racing hard with a couple laps to go and I got pushed from behind by another car right into the No 88. I wish there was something that I could have done differently to change the outcome, but its one of those deals where you don’t have a lot of control. I hate it for my guys on the Stanley team—we all had a pretty impressive DNF streak going, but we couldn’t get it back out there with only six laps left.”

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Dassault Systemes Dodge Charger)
Finished 33rd

"Eight laps to go and everyone is racing hard. We were racing hard and just were biding our time and then got caught up in that wreck. I'm proud of all my guys. When you're back in the pack you sometimes get caught up in stuff and today was our day. I saw a hole open up and could see the tunnel, see the end of it and then got hit in the right rear. That's all that it took.

"It's just a racing deal. When you run back there, you're going to get caught up in that stuff. We didn't run well today. I'm proud of everybody on our team. I'm not an easiest guy to keep calm when that happens. The guys just kept working hard. It's disappointing that we couldn't go to the finish."

***

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
Finished 34th

"I was following the 44, so I can't see anything. He (AJ Allmendinger) turned left to miss the wreck and I hit the wreck. I never heard that there was a wreck, so I hit it. We had a top six or seven car. Kurt (Busch) screwed up and we got in his mess. From there, we got in this wreck. It's disappointing to go out of the race like that when we had a good car."

***

KENNY FRANCIS (Crew Chief, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger)
"Our Budweiser Dodge was pretty good all day. We got our Budweiser Dodge inside the top 10 and thought that we could pass a few more cars on that restart when the 2 car got into us that just caused a chain reaction. We got all tore up, but got the car running pretty good again. We were looking for a good finish when that second wreck happened that finally knocked us out. It was a bummer of a deal to end a pretty good day."

No comments:

Post a Comment