Friday, May 7, 2010

Darlington Post-Qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 10th

"That was a good lap. I felt pretty good about it. We made some gains from practice and picked up a lot of speed. The track, it's late in the afternoon, so I would say it could pick up some more speed for some of these guys at the end, but it is what it is. Hopefully, we end up in the top 10."

WILL GUYS GOING TO BACKUPS BENEFIT BY QUALIFYING LATE? "Well, I don't know. I know one thing - our car is clean. It probably won't be after tomorrow night's race, but it's clean so far and there are a lot of cars that are not clean. It's tough. The track has been very fast and the grip has been minimal at times, but it's been an interesting day. It's gonna be an interesting night in the Nationwide race and then tomorrow in the Cup race."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 12th

"Everybody with the Insignia/Best Buy Ford has had just a great day. I'm proud of everybody at Richard Petty Motorsports. They're building good cars, but we can't do anything about the draw. I don't know where that's gonna put us, but the right side is clean and we just had a solid day. We're happy with that. I think we've got a pretty good car in race trim. We're gonna fine-tune it tomorrow, but it's been a good day."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 20th

"I was really happy with that. We picked up four or five tenths. The car stuck a lot better. We made some air-pressure adjustments. I left a little bit out there. I was kind of kicking myself because I could have got back to the gas sooner off of four and gained a little bit more speed coming to the checkered, but, overall, I'm real happy with the Menards team and we've got a good race car, too."

THE DRAW DIDN'T HELP. "The draw is not gonna help, but it hasn't seemed to have cooled off a whole lot, so, hopefully, it'll stay hot and sunny and it won't be an issue."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment