Sunday, May 9, 2010

Darlington Post-Race Quotes

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Finished 20th
“I really was looking forward to a strong finish there tonight. Our Ford was fast and strong over the first half of the race. We just got hung up on the outside and had some damage there on one of the restarts. I know these guys are working hard. Wish we’d had a much better result tonight to show for it.”

***

ELLIOTT SADLER - No. 19 Hunt Brothers Pizza Ford Fusion
Finished 21st
“We started deep in the field in our Hunt Brothers Pizza Ford Fusion for tonight’s race but we fought hard and really showed we’re able to get up there. It was a tough night and definitely showed why this place is called “Too Tough To Tame.” I’m proud of this No. 19 Richard Petty Motorsports team. Like every week, we’ll keep working hard and building towards better results.”

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Turtle Wax/Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 30th
“We had a tough run tonight but my team never quit. I’m really proud of this No. 98 Richard Petty Motorsports crew. Our car was handling decent right away but by about Lap 40, I noticed the voltage was way to the left. I switched the battery but had to keep an eye on it all night. I know Slugger was working on hard on making the best calls to combat everything we were faced with. We’ll take what we can from this and just prepare to fight back at Dover.”

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 37th
"The brake rotor exploded. The last 40 or 50 laps we were struggling with brake problems and just no brakes. We took all the brake cooling off and thought maybe we were gonna fix it, and when that yellow came out I went to hit the brakes to slow down and the brake rotors exploded. I'm not sure which one, but I was just trying to aim for the bottom and try to miss everybody. I'm sorry to Jimmie. It wasn't his fault, but I had no brakes and couldn't do anything about it."

Credit - Ford Racing & Richard Petty Motorsports PR



No comments:

Post a Comment