Saturday, May 1, 2010

Richmond Post-Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Valvoline Ford Fusion
Qualified 15th

ON HIS QUALIFYING RUN "The track had a decent amount of grip, but we have been up and down today. I am more disappointed in myself more than anything today. We brushed the wall there in practice and my crew did a great job of getting the car back together. I always want to try to be as perfect as I can and that hurt us a little bit. The car was a lot better for qualifying, probably a little bit better than the driver. If it get's us a top-20 spot I will be happy."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER - No. 19 Stanley Ford Fusion
Qualified 24th

ON HIS QUALIFYING LAPS AT HIS HOME TRACK "We will have to see where we end up. It is definitely a big gain from where we were in practice. I am proud of my guys. We just have to race good here tomorrow. Man, I really want to race well here tomorrow. It is my home track so there is a little added incentive there. We feel like we know what we need to work on so we will continue to keep digging on it and see where it puts us.

HOW MANY RACES DID YOU WATCH HERE AS A KID? "A bunch. I watched a bunch here as a kid. We have been coming here since the early 80's when it was a half-mile track. I was here the day they knocked down the fence and made it from a half-mile to a three-quarter mile track. I have seen a lot of stuff here, it is just really cool to be on this side of it now and race for my hometown fans."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 32nd

ON HIS QUALIFYING RUN- "It was an okay run. We are just really lacking speed right now. We are all in the same boat I think. We were struggling to get it to turn and then you try to free it up and you can't get off the corner. That is what was going on out there with me.

IS THAT WHAT YOU AND GREG (BIFFLE) JUST FINISHED TALKING ABOUT? "Yeah, he was experiencing the same thing. It is just really tough because you have to pick your poison a little bit."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment