Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daytona Duel #1 Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 7th
"That was nuts. It is very interesting. I wouldn't say I like it, it is tough. It is all strategy. You get someone that you hook up with and that is cool. I got to hook up with 5-time and made him a friend of mine. We were working good together. Everybody is trying to learn out there together. I felt like you have to be pin point with everything. We ran up on a groove and it separated us. We got broken away from the lead group and then those guys were able to draft with each other and be quicker. The car was fast though. I felt like our cooling is really good in these Ford's. The guys in the engine shop have done a great job with that. We learned some things, and we will go back out there Sunday and try it again."

IS IT ALL GOING TO COME DOWN TO WHO YOUR PARTNER IS ON SUNDAY?
"I think you just have to find the guy that you work well with. I had planned to work with Mark Martin, but that never worked out because he got up in the front drafting with Tony and me and Jimmie got hooked up. I think you just have to find somebody. If you can find one guy that you are really good with, you are better off. On the restart, everybody went with the same group of guys. That is what it is all about."
***
MARCOS AMBROSE - No. 9 Stanley Ford Fusion
Finished 21st
"We had a bad day. It was very frustrating. We didn't have any friends. We got stuck in some tough positions. We kept getting stuck and it made for a rough Duel. We will get back at it come Sunday though."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment