Sunday, February 27, 2011

Phoenix Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Valvoline Ford Fusion
Finished 9th
"It was all right. I don't know why this race kind of works out like that. You always get some yellows early and guys doing two tires and no tires. We got in the back and got in that wreck where we got a little bit of damage, but I don't think it really affected the car. I felt like, overall, we had a pretty good car. We were on a fine line with the long runs. We would either be really good or we'd be a little bit loose and struggle, so I felt like if we could have stayed green a long time, we would have been really good. There at the end it was a good battle with Kurt. I was trying to get him for eighth, but, all in all, to start with an 11th and 9th with as many wrecks that we've been in and not actually gotten wrecked is all right. We'll take it."

IS THAT WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDED TO START THE YEAR? "Definitely. You always want a little bit more and you always think you can get a little bit more. I'm not sure where that puts us in points, but there were a lot of guys ahead of us that had a lot of trouble. All in all, Vegas is not the best race track for us, so to have two good finishes going in to that and build something off of it should be good."

***

MARCOS AMBROSE - No. 9 Stanley Ford Fusion
Finished 16th
"We got a finish. We got in a hole after Daytona and we just had to finish today. It was a good first day and a good learning experience with Todd Parrott. I know I've got great stuff and I know I can really do well, we just had to get a start somewhere and today was a pretty good start."

HOW WAS THE DAY OVERALL? "Our communication was really good. We stayed calm and I felt fresh in the car. We've got a good vibe going. We just had to get a start. We had one bad run and it was a long one where we went a lap down. It happened towards the end of the race and we just couldn't get it back."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment