Sunday, February 20, 2011

Daytona Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 11th
"That's way better than last year. I said if we had a top 15, I'd be happy to leave here, especially with that race because I should have been in that first wreck. Honestly, I don't know how I wasn't in it. The seas kind of parted and we came out of it with just minor damage, so what I should have been in compared to where we finished was not too bad. It's cool for Ford to get their 600th win at the Daytona 500. I wish I could have done it. You see somebody celebrate their first victory and it makes you kind of sad because you know what you want to do, but I have no complaints. We have a good car for Phoenix and we'll be ready."

***

MARCOS AMBROSE - No. 9 Stanley Ford Fusion
Finished 37th
WHAT DID YOU SEE FROM YOUR SEAT? "Not a lot. I saw the 00 spun out and I just checked out. I was going pretty straight and they all started running over the top of me. I thought I had it saved and then I got spun down on the bottom, and then Jeff Gordon finished me off. We're gonna get back out with the Stanley Ford Fusion. We're excited to be at Daytona, it's just a shame it ended this way."

IS THIS AN ISSUE NASCAR WILL HAVE TO ADDRESS BEFORE TALLADEGA? "I don't know. I'm just driving the race car. Whatever the rules are and whatever we're doing I'm gonna be part of it, but it's ruined our day. It's been unfortunate for Stanley. It's my first race for this team and it's just a terrible way to do it."

HOW WAS THE RACING OUT THERE? "It's really close. Everybody is trying to find partners to work with and pull away. I think everyone is just trying to work out how to do it. Today, I was just trying to make sure I didn't drop off the back without finding a good partner and got caught up in a mess, too. I was trying to play it safe and it didn't work out too well for me."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment