Saturday, July 30, 2011

Indianapolis Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 6th
“I’m happy but I threw away turn four. I think we were on the pole until turn four, but I just didn’t want to get too tight off of four, so I decided to try to drive it in until I saw Jesus and I overshot the corner (laughing). I’m just proud of the guys. Greg Erwin and I and the whole team are trying to gel together. It’s tough to do in a day or two and feel like you’re competitive, so I feel like slowly each session got better. We’re still not quite where we want to be, but we have plenty of time to keep working on that. We have to keep working on the car in race trim, but it seems like every time we went out there we got a little bit better so hopefully we do the same tomorrow.”

HOW ARE YOU IN RACE TRIM? “We’re OK. We definitely need some speed. I’m not gonna sit here and lie to you. I think we made the car on each run a little more comfortable, but we definitely need a little more speed out of it. I’m happy with the effort so far.”

HOW IS IT WITH GREG? “He’s engineering based, so he’s always got a lot of ideas. He’s never thrown a ton of stuff at the car, so we’re always trying just little stuff each run, so I feel like I can get a good idea of what the car does that run compared to the next run, so he’s just real easy to work with so far. I guess that’s always the first week, everything is nice the first week, but he’s got a great background and a lot of experience and that just helps me.”

***

MARCOS AMBROSE – No. 9 Stanley Ford Fusion
Qualified 21st
“It’s Indy. You want to do really well and want to get the pole and I just didn’t get it done. I’m disappointed in myself, really.”

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment