Friday, July 1, 2011

Daytona II Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 9th
YOU AND MARCOS QUALIFIED PRETTY CLOSE TO EACH OTHER. "We'll be hooked up together. I don't know what we're gonna do. We've talked about kind of falling to the back and riding there, but we're race car drivers and that's tough to do, especially when you're starting this close to the front. But it's cool. I'm proud of everybody. We're building better race cars. Doug Yates and everybody are building a lot more horsepower. All of the Fords are up near the front and when it comes to qualifying at this track, it's all about good cars and good horsepower. We'll keep working on it and pray to the racing gods that we get through everything tomorrow."

***

MARCOS AMBROSE - No. 9 DeWalt Ford Fusion
Qualified 15th
"We're lined up pretty close and just about as good as anyone can. We're actually even in the same lane, so I feel good about it. He'll just drop back to me and we'll get after it. I'm really proud of my DeWalt team. Todd Parrott cut the nose off this car about 10 days ago because he wasn't happy with it. I'm just really proud of my guys and it was fun going out there last, so I'll take it and look forward to the race."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment