Sunday, June 13, 2010

Michigan Post-Race Quote

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 11th
"This place confuses the heck out of me sometimes. The Insignia Best Buy Ford was awesome. We drove from 26th to 15th in two laps at the beginning. I thought we were getting on the right track but we got behind on pit stops and got in the back of the pack. From there we were massively loose. I haven't been that loose in a long time. Luckily the yellow came out at the end and Mike Shiplett and the guys made a good adjustment. We tightened it up knowing there were only 15 laps yet and I just drove my butt off. I am proud of the guys. We worked hard and it was my best career finish here. I am looking forward to Sonoma next week."

TELL US ABOUT THE FR9 ENGINE "That is the only thing that saved me. That is the problem. When you are really loose and put your right foot down, there is too much horsepower there now and you get wicked sideways. Doug Yates and everybody at the engine shop are doing an awesome job. This FR9 is so fast. It is good to come off the corner and get a good run and just blow by guys. We will keep working on it, but days like today are what make a team better. We weren't very good, but we were able to salvage a pretty good day out of it."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment