Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sonoma Post-Race Quotes

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Finished 4th
"We were a little bit off at the start, but I just needed to settle in and we made the car a little bit better there. I felt pretty good the last 70 laps, so it was a good race. I'm able we were able to finish strong with our Budweiser Ford, and, hopefully, it was a good show. I know it was exciting from my seat and probably a lot of the other drivers' seats."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia/Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 13th
"We've been fighting forward bite all weekend with the Insignia/Best Buy Ford. We were struggling with that. There were times we got it pretty good and then there were other times we struggled a little bit, but, overall, I felt like we made improvements from the start of the weekend until the end. We were okay. At the beginning of the race we were terrible, and then we made it better and we just couldn't get track position. I kept getting hit and ping-ponged around. I felt if we got a little bit of track position, we might have had a chance at a top 10, but to be 13th with a car that we struggled with all weekend, I'll take it."

EVERYBODY SEEMED OVER-AGGRESSIVE ALL DAY. "Yeah, that incident with Clint, he came off the corner and drove me like I was never there. I got back into him and, I don't know, everybody is aggressive. Everybody is really close and I think it's a good and bad thing because it shows how close the Sprint Cup Series is and how great a racing this is and how tough everybody is, but, at the same point, we're just battling to death on lap one. It's interesting out there in the race car, but it's fun and that's what the fans pay for."

SHOULD IT BE LIKE THAT? "I don't know if it should be, but we're race car drivers. We shouldn't be out there riding around and just collecting money. We should be out there trying hard, so, hopefully, the fans enjoyed it. It's great racing. At times it's really fun and at times it's frustrating, but that's what makes the series so great."

***

ELLIOTT SADLER - No. 19 Stanley Ford Fusion
Finished 17th
"It was a frustrating day. We got taken out by (Jeff) Gordon and it's just frustrating. This is one of the best tracks for us and one of the good chances we had this year for a top 10. It's a shame. He took out Martin Truex for no reason. The 33 and me were side-by-side and he got two-for-one there, so he was just kind of knocking everything out of his way. It's just tough for my race team."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 CertainTeed/Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 22nd

“Today was a really rough day but I’m proud of Slugger and the guys. They fought hard on pit road to keep me out there and on the lead lap. The handling was off on our CertainTeed Ford Fusion a bit, but it seemed like the changes Slugger called for worked. We just got caught up in that accident and that was unfortunate.”

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment