Friday, June 18, 2010

Sonoma Post-Qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 1st
"So far we have a good run going there. It was a fast lap for our Budweiser Ford. The team has done a really nice job. The car has been fast since we started and it's real similar to last year, so it's nice to drive it. I feel like I used up most of the race track and really got all I could there. Who knows if it will stick, but it was a good lap."

HOW MUCH DOES CONFIDENCE COME INTO PLAY HERE? "I think it definitely helps. When you've won a race here, I think that definitely helps the next time you come back and it helps with the way your car is set up. We've learned from some of that stuff last year, so confidence is big everywhere in racing."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Insignia Ford Fusion
Qualified 15th
"The Insignia Best Buy Ford is better. We've been struggling little bit today, just really loose rear grip-wise. We picked up about four-tenths from where we practiced and we made the car better. We definitely have to keep working on it to make it better, but I was happy we gained. We'll see where that puts us. Maybe that will put us around the top 15 or top 16. We'll just keep working on it for tomorrow. It was kind of the same thing last year. We struggled a little bit on Friday, and made it better on Saturday and were really good on Sunday, so I've got confidence in my guys and we just have to keep making it better."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 CertainTeed/Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 18th
"I messed up one of the esses, which kind of hurt me through there, and then it got slick into turn 11 under braking, so I left some time out there for sure. The car is really good. I hate that we won't be able to improve on it tomorrow, but I've got another good Ford back in Wisconsin, so I'm looking forward to running that one."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment