Friday, August 20, 2010

Bristol II Post-Qualifying Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Valvoline Ford Fusion
Qualified 10th
"Actually, when I got out of the car I thought we were gonna be worse than that from where we're sitting now. The car is fast, but it was just a rough day. I guess it's a rough and good day. When you spin out twice at Bristol and only have slight right-rear damage, I guess it could be a lot worse. The track is just really tricky right now. I don't know if it's the tires or what. It's one of those Catch-22s, the thing is a handful to drive but really fast, and then we make it better to drive and we're really slow. It's just a frustrating day, but the guys did a good job to make up for it and keep digging. I think the guys had a better day than the driver."

***

KASEY KAHNE - No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 11th
"The track and the grip changes a little bit with the sun and the shade, but the track is actually pretty good. There was a little more grip there then there was in practice and we made some gains, so it was decent for our Budweiser Ford. Hopefully, it will run better tomorrow."

***

PAUL MENARD - No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 12th
"It was good. We had a lot more grip than we had earlier. It would have been better but I got tight off four and when I throttled up it snapped loose on me. Still, it was a lot better than we were in practice for sure."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment