Monday, August 2, 2010

Pocono II Post-Race Quotes

PAUL MENARD – No. 98 CertainTeed/Menards Ford Fusion
Finished 13th
“Track position was big. We fought that all day, so we took two tires at the end and that was probably the best the car had been all day. That decision really had more to do with the rain and track position and was pretty big.”

***

KASEY KAHNE – No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Finished 19th

(No quote given)

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER – No. 43 Insignia HDTV Ford Fusion
Finished 24th
“Unfortunately, we fought the car being tight today and didn’t get the result we’d hoped for. We finished in the top-10 here in June and I really wanted to improve on that finish. I’m proud of (Mike) Shiplett and the guys. I know they’re all working really hard.”

***

ELLIOTT SADLER – No. 19 Air Force Ford Fusion
Finished 34th

“I’m fine. I’m okay. I’m a little sore, I think, from where the belts grabbed me. It knocked the breath out of me pretty good, but it’s definitely the hardest hit I’ve ever had in a race car. These new cars are built to be safer and if I can get out of that and walk through that, I think it did its job. It’s not the day we wanted to have with the U.S. Air Force Ford. It’s just a tough day.”

Credit - Richard Petty Motorsports PR

No comments:

Post a Comment