Sunday, August 15, 2010

Michigan II Post-Qualifying Quotes

KASEY KAHNE, No. 9 Budweiser Ford Fusion
Qualified 1st
"It was a good lap. It felt really good. I blew through turns one and two and felt really good. I got to turn three and I wasn't too sure. I pushed the nose and little. I felt like one and two was where we got the pole because we were really good there. I didn't really think it was a pole lap though. I was dominant until I got to three but then I felt that I wasn't too great in turn three. I figured it would be a pretty decent lap but not pole, but then it turned out it was. I think it just shows how good our Budweiser Ford was in one and two because that is where we got all the time."

***

PAUL MENARD, No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion
Qualified 10th
"That will probably be a top-15 or something like that. The pole is going to be quite a bit faster than that. I kind of butchered one and two and we struggled in three and four in practice but we improved on that. I just messed up one and two which cost us."

***

AJ ALLMENDINGER, No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Qualified 16th
"That lap sucked. We just can't figure out qualifying trim right now. That lap just wasn't very good. There is not much I can say about it. I don't even think it will be a top-20. The car was good in the race trim though so I think we have that figured out. It is weird because we really struggled with the seams on the race track in three and four. We would kind of get hooked on a seam and weren't able to get off of it."

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment