Sunday, August 8, 2010

Watkins Glen Post-Race Quotes

AJ ALLMENDINGER - No. 43 Best Buy Ford Fusion
Finished 4th
"I am proud of everybody with the Insignia Best Buy Ford. The car was really strong all day. We didn't have anything for the 42, he was on another planet. It felt like if we got around the 2 on the restart and the 47 was fading at the end, I am not sure what was happening there, I felt like maybe we had something for them. It was a solid day. It was a good day in the pits. We need to build on this. It is really cool to sign a multi-year deal and have a great weekend.

YOU WERE BATTLING A LOT WITH CARL TODAY, WHAT WAS THAT LIKE? "He is tough. He is great on these road courses and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. If I hit a perfect lap I could stretch him and then I may just give a little bit and he would close so much. It was tough because we were all sliding around there at the end. I am proud of everyone at Richard Petty Motorsports and at Ford. It was a great week last week getting a win and this week a lot of us were strong. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Credit - Ford Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment